If we talk about employees who hold any positions in the enterprise, then their main task is to receive instructions from the management and perform them competently. At the same time, a person will receive a salary in any case, even if the enterprise incurs losses. The responsibility for what happened does not fall on the shoulders of the employee himself.
The poker player himself is responsible for any decisions and in case of loss of funds, the blame will lie only with himself so a player must learn all the rules poker to play effectively. In this game, it is important not only to constantly make optimal decisions at the tables, but also to evaluate the overall picture of your activities outside the game.
There are tons of really capable players out there who are not destined to rise to the top in poker. Even though they have learned to make money by playing, thanks to the wrong decisions related to managing their bankroll, the full potential of such players is completely destroyed. Therefore, this material will be devoted to the rules for building bankroll management for firing shots at higher limits.
The principle of BRM in poker can both ensure a successful career for a poker player and completely destroy all his dreams and aspirations. You can find a huge amount of materials on the Internet on the topic of building a bankroll and how to manage it, but not everywhere this topic is disclosed in detail and very accurately
The main statement that can mislead players is the following idea:
BRM is needed in order to minimize the risk of completely ruining the player.
In fact, this is not at all the case. A smart strategy for building bankroll management is to maximize our expectation over the long haul while minimizing the risks of total ruin.
Provided that the player makes attempts to gain a foothold at a higher limit and does so only when a certain bankroll depth is reached, allowing a shot at a new limit with a minimum chance of losing everything, this fact does not at all maximize long-term expectation.
At the same time, both poker players fill 250 buy-ins in six months. As a result, what do we get?
- the first player to climb to NL5;
- the second player will reach NL500.
- You can even imagine a situation that both players are equal in their skill level. The difference is that the second poker player has a BRM building strategy that is more promising in terms of long-term waiting, compared to the bankroll management of the number 1 poker player.
The disadvantage of the first player is that he wastes a lot of time spending it at the lower limits, not wanting to go higher. On the one hand, his poker strategy can be described as a careful approach, but in fact, this reduces his chances of achieving success.
What should be the approach to higher limit shots?.
In this section, we will take a closer look at another example, which will clearly show why short attempts to gain a foothold at a higher limit are more profitable.
- Player # 1 collects money in his BR until he has 20 buy-ins to try to upgrade to a higher limit.
- Player # 2 waits until he has only 5 buy-ins, which will be enough for him to fire a shot to the next limit. Moreover, if his attempt fails, he goes down to the working limit without any problems and saves money again.
- Now let’s imagine the situation that player number 1 makes an attempt to gain a foothold at the next limit and first loses 3 buy-ins, but after that he manages to gain a foothold. In the end, it turns out that he saved 20 buy-ins to try to shoot, but in reality he only needed a few. All the remaining money that he diligently collected was not at all useful.
However, if he had tried to move higher with 5 buy-ins instead of 20, then it is possible that he would have played at the next limit much earlier. In fact, one of the most important reasons why a lot of players prefer to accumulate more buy-ins to move to a new limit, from 20 and higher, is hidden in the fact that they are not satisfied with the fact that they will have to go down to their usual limit again if a shot will end in loss.
In fact, it is better to try to take short shots and accept the fact that you may have to go back down if the attempt to gain a foothold fails. On average, 5 buy-ins is the optimal amount you need to set aside to try to move to a higher limit. Many poker players allot only one or two buy-ins for this.
The psychological aspect of trying to gain a foothold at the new limit It is quite logical that the transition to a higher limit for any player is a rather exciting moment. Accordingly, most poker players try to show their best side in such an attempt. This usually leads to the following:
- Money starts to put pressure on the player, because the average pot and the size of the bets increase. As a result, many decisions can be made based on the emotional state, and not the game strategy.
- The player is trying to somehow change his game, trying to adapt to new opponents and their tendencies.
- Obviously, these two factors are negative and in order to avoid problems it is important to remember a few useful tips.
The main task of the player at the moment of switching to a new limit is not to outplay everyone and everything, proving that you are still a poker player. You need to gain a foothold at the limit. Don’t keep in mind that you need to win a lot of money in the first few days. The first gaming sessions at the new limit should be in an exploratory style. Just collect information on the players, follow the trends and lines of the draw, mark the moments that you have not seen before at your usual limit.
When shooting, you can stick to a tighter style of play.
- You can only get used to the new rates and increased pot sizes compared to your working limit by playing the distance. Alternatively, you can use auxiliary software that transfers money at the tables to the big blinds, if such an opportunity is available in the chosen poker room.
- In the event of a failed shot, do not consider the attempt as a failure.
- Approach the process of evaluating a failed attempt to gain a foothold at a higher limit as a kind of discipline training. This quality is extremely important for a poker player. Analyze the hands played at the new limit, and it is better to do this in the company of a partner or coach. After the lost buy-ins are restored to their working limit, try to take another shot.
- Even in the simplest game, you can develop a certain set of techniques and tricks that will allow the player to win more often than those opponents who have neglected this opportunity. Poker is no exception, and despite the seeming simplicity of the rules, it has a huge scope for creating, developing and improving the strategy and tactics of the game.
How well thought out your poker strategy is and how exactly you know how to follow it will determine your success in the game, and therefore the level of income that you can receive from it.
Since poker is primarily a game for real money, the more successful players who spent more time and effort on working out their game strategy, as a result, receive much more rewards at a distance, and those who did not try to understand the various intricacies of poker will lose to them …
Basic poker strategy.
Basic poker strategy skills include understanding poker terms , basic poker techniques pre-flop and post-flop, as well as basic poker probabilities and mathematics. It will also not be superfluous to pay attention to the issues of the psychology of the game, as well as the development of discipline skills, which will greatly help you in the future.
Approach basic poker strategy consistently and take your time. It is much more profitable to work out each separate topic with high quality, until you fully understand its essence. Building a solid foundation will keep you from coming back to these questions in the future and you will be able to master much more complex game concepts.
Online poker strategies and tactics.
In online poker, there are many different approaches to the game, which eventually gave rise to different strategies and tactics of the game, which differed from each other, both in the size of the used stack, and in the approach to the choice of starting hands and the degree of aggressiveness of their playing.
The most popular options today are:
- Tight aggressive playing style
- Loosely aggressive playstyle
- It is they that allow the player to exploit the weaknesses of opponents as efficiently as possible, while not being too much substituted for reciprocal techniques.
According to the size of the used stack, there are the following tactics of the game:
- Large stack strategy or BSS for short (initial stack 100 BB or more)
- Medium stack strategy or MCC for short (from 35 to 55 BB);
- Short stack strategy or CCC for short. (from 15 to 25 BB).
- However, online poker rooms do not always allow a player to use a landing at a table with an incomplete stack of less than 100 BB, so the most popular today is the first tactic, which, if used correctly, allows you to play various types of starting hands as efficiently as possible and exploit the weaknesses of your opponents.
Cash poker strategy.
Playing at cash tables is characterized by a constant stack size and no time limits, and therefore attracts many different players, from those who just want to while away an hour or two playing poker to grinders trying to play as many tables as possible.
Since you yourself can choose the size of the stack within the limits available on the table and you can always buy more in case of loss or loss of part of the stack, this has the most direct impact on the strategy of the game that can be used at the cash table. This allows:
Choose the most convenient time for you to play;
- Play a pre-planned range of starting hands for different situations;
- Avoid situations that are unfavorable for you already preflop;
- Play only against those opponents you want to play against;
The strategy of playing cash, on the one hand, allows the player to control the actions at literally every stage of trading, without relying once again on luck, but on the other hand, it also requires much more preparation. It is the cash game that most of the materials on this page are devoted to, and you are guaranteed to be able to find the information you need on all poker tactics or stages of the game strategy.
Tournament poker strategy.
The game of tournament poker has its own specifics and therefore requires a different approach and a noticeably different game strategy. Unlike cash tables, when playing a tournament, you will always be pressured by the factor of time and limited stack, which will go down and down as the blinds grow.
The need to play with different stack sizes. You can even start with a stack of 250+ BB, however, it will gradually decrease due to the increase in the level of the blinds and as a result you will have to switch to MCC, and then CCC game tactics;
Unlike in cash, in tournaments, as a result, a situation may arise when you have to play literally with any 2 cards and it will be more profitable than just folding them;
You and your opponents will be heavily pressured by the prize money zone and the bubble factor, which imposes increased demands on discipline and psychological stability. In addition, the variance itself in tournament poker is much more pronounced than in cash games;
Tournaments take place at a certain time and the player cannot just sit down and start playing or leave the table when he pleases.
learn more about poker satta tips at Sattaking